Day One

Alarm rings a bit after 5:00 in the morning, I am not a morning person. Yawns, wipe the sleep from my eyes, shower shit and shave...the usual agenda. I get all dolled up in my blues and head out the door.

First things first, we all go to the auditorium and get put into our flights...this is just a small subset from a massive group of people. My flight is comprised of 16 people out of 191 total.

Amazingly, no nerves hitting...which was odd as I expected them, I guess maybe that means I am prepared.. As I sized the room up, I could see others doing the same. Who is going to be the best, who is going to be in terror the whole time and who just looks slovenly. Sadly, quite a few do. I'm never going to be a poster child for the military, but I always look sharp in blues, and day one of class...oh please believe I am going to blow everyone else out of the water for that first impression.

Finally after three hours of the same old briefings about safety, what to expect and all the other mandatory briefs, we break off into our rooms and begin to get to know each other, seems like a pretty good group so far..time will tell. Nothing too serious today, mostly administrative things.

We introduce ourselves and now I start to see all those things I mentioned above. Who is here to win an award, who is here because they have to be and are going to let you know about it, who is just happy to graduate, who is going to be in terror and who is just going to be a dumbass. Looks like we have all the blocks checked...and then some.

No comments:

Post a Comment